As a college student, I am constantly looking for ways to make my life easier. I have some staples that are essential to my daily college routine and some tips and tricks for when you're on the go.
- A good backpack. For someone who lives off campus, I have about a 15 minute walk to get to my classes every day. I think that having a good supportive back pack is essential to my everyday life. I use a North Face backpack and mine is all black. Ithas a pocket for my laptop, good back support and plenty of pockets to store other items inside.
- Planner/ Agenda. I have always been an extremely organized person. When my events, classes and life is scheduled I feel way less anxious and more put together. I used to have a Lily Pulitzer agenda (large), but now I have found my new favorite planner. The Emily Ley Simplified Daily Planner is the best thing ever. Unfortunately they are sold out right now. I have the blue and white polka dot one and I love it. I really enjoy having a daily schedule with time slots for me to fill out and a to do list on the other side. The quotes at the top of each page are a nice little touch as well. A lot of my friends also like the Erin Condren Life Planner as it can be customized. I might try that one next year but for now I'm loving my Emily Ley planner.
- Water bottle. Buy a reusable water bottle and fill that baby up at least 3 times a day. Staying hydrated will give you the energy and mental acuity you need to pay attention and learn in class. I have a Camel Bak and try to drink 4 bottles a day.
- A practical bag. As a college student I am constantly running around going from the library to friends houses, shopping and just out and about. For Christmas I was gifted my new favorite accessory, a Henri Bendel Jetsetter Convertible Backpack. I got it monogrammed with my initials (which many of my friends know I monogram everything). They come in a variety of colors, sizes and hardware choices. I have the all black with gold hardware in the normal size. I love this bag because it can be used as a backpack, a purse, or over the shoulder bag. It has a waterproof material on the outside which makes it easy to keep clean and keep my contents dry. I find that I can fit so much inside my bag and is practical to use as a purse or backpack and is especially great for traveling!
- A five minute make up routine. Many days I find myself out the door last minute but when I have time and don't want to look like a zombie I will throw on some makeup to help me look more awake and less dead. To start I always prime my face with my Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hour Perfecting Primer. Next I like to use a BB cream because it's light and easy to apply really fast. I like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (the oil free one). I conceal my under eye area and set it with my Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. I add some blush, my favorite blush for days like this is one that has some shine in it like the Hourglass Ambient Light Blush. Lastly, add your favorite mascara then set your face with the Urban Decay Chill Makeup Setting Spray and your good to go!