My Skincare Routine
Taking care of my skin is really important to me, mostly because it's the canvas for makeup. I want my skin to stay young for as long as possible and avoid wrinkles and aging for as long as I can. I've shuffled through numerous products over the years trying to find out what brands I liked, what products worked and which actually improved the quality of my skin. I currently have combination skin and here are the steps I take in order to try and keep my skin from over producing oils, but not getting dry either.
- Always take off your make up before bed. For years I used to sleep in my make up and this was a huge mistake. It will clog your pores and take a toll on your skin over time. Your face needs to breath so let it. I shuffle through make up wipes so I don't have any to recommend but I like mine to be fragrance and alcohol free so that they don't dry out my skin.
- My Clarisonic Mia 2 is my best friend. I started using this daily back in the summer of 2015 when my skin started to act up, and it has worked miracles for me. I rarely break out, my face feels so clean after and my pores are noticeably smaller.
- To wash my face with my Clarisonic, I use a daily cleanser and then an exfoliator1-2 times a week. The cleanser I use is the Cetaphic Daily Face Cleanser. It's gentle and non scented which I like and doesn't dry my skin out. I would recommend this for every skin type. To exfoliate I have a high end one and one I get from target. From Sephora I really like Dr. Brandt's Microdermabrasion Skin Exfoliant. It smells minty, and gently takes off all my dead skin leaving my skin smooth. The downside is the price, but a great alternative is the Boots Botanics Age Defense Microdermabrasion Polish, $13 at Target and honestly works just as good as the Dr. Brandt one.
- After I wash my face I use a serum, I like serums as moisturizers because they are light and absorb into my skin quickly. The one I'm currently obsessed with is the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum. I love the brand First Aid Beauty, and the oil reducing peel off mask that they make.
- As far as face masks go, there are a couple that I alternate through that I swear by. Glam glow makes bomb face masks that make them worth the price. I've repurchased these and will continue to because they work great. The first one I fell in love with was the Supermud Clearing Treatment. You can literally see your pores and all the gunk being pulled out from them, which is gross but rewarding. It doesn't dry out my skin and I use it 1-2 times a month or when my acne is acting up. The second mask I use from them is the Gravitymud Firming Treatment. Besides the fact that it's a peel off mask that is silver (and makes me feel like a unicorn/alien when it's on), oh and smells amazing, it actually works. I can notice an immediate difference in the firmness of my skin after using this product. I'm all about anti-aging products and so this is a new holy grail one for me. For eyes I like to rotate through the Sephora Eye Masks (I got them all for Christmas). They're affordable and make great gifts, also because they come individually they're perfect for traveling.
This is everything I do for my face, it's not much compared to some people's. I've been looking for a good anti-aging under eye cream/serum but haven't found one I really like or would recommend but if any of you have a good one let me know!