Hello fellow beauty lovers. Today were going to talk about a trend that we all love and that is the matte trend. We all love getting matte nails, or seeing cars with a matte finish coat on it and you best believe I love me some matte makeup. I'm going to share with you my favorite matte products in the categories of eyeshadows, bronzer, lipstick, blush, foundation and my favorite matte nail polishes. Anyways, less chit chat more beauty products and let's get started!
- Eyeshadow: This ones pretty easy for me, mostly because I fell in love the moment I bought it and it's the Kat Von D Shade & Light Eye Contour Palette. You guys have heard me rave about this before and it's because it's my go to palette. Next I'm going to talk about a palette and brand that many of you might not have heard of before. The KVD palette retails for $46 where as this next one retails for a pricey $80. Viseart makes some amazing palettes such as this amazing Neutral Matte Palette. I'm personally obsessed with their eyeshadow palettes because the colors are so unbelievably pigmented like I went to eyeshadow heaven and these palettes were there. Viseart is only available through Sephora online so if you want to pick it up head over to Sephora and get shopping! These two palettes are completely matte shades, if you can't afford the Viseart one don't be sad, Kat Von D's palette works wonders too.
- Blush: You're probably going to be like, "Melinda CHILLLLL with the Kat Von D products already". I'm sorry she just does matte products so freaking well. So not only do I have a matte blush from her that I love, I also have another product that I'll talk about later. I really love the shade and light blush that she makes which apparently is limited addition so I can't link it for you guys, but it's a blush duo and it's amazing. Sorry to talk about it since you can no longer purchase it but I had to give credit where credit is due. A blush that you can still buy that I love is the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12- Hour Blush in the shade Celebrated. Its the perfect warm nude shade that looks pretty matte to me, even though they don't technically call it that.... whatever, I love it.
- Lipstick: I have four brands that I will reach for when I want a matte lip and they are Kat Von D, Anastasia Beverly Hills, Colour Pop and Kylie Cosmetics. Colour Pop is going to be the cheapest but still great pigmentation. You can check out my review on Kylie's Matte Liquid Lipsticks HERE. I also just love ABH and Kat Von D products so I obviously had to include those.
- Bronzer: My all time favorite matte bronzer is the Hoola bronzer by Benefit. It doesn't appear muddy and is perfect for fair skin tones and it retails for $29. You can use it for contouring, bronzing and warming up your face or even as eyeshadow. Plus I love how compact the packaging is for travel.
- Foundation: The L'oreal Infallible Pro-Matte 24 Hour Foundation which retails for $13 at drug stores is by far one of my favorite foundations that is cheap but works like a high end foundation. This foundation is truly amazing for someone who has oily skin and really does keep your skin matte all day long even without a setting powder. It's full coverage and has pretty good longevity, I find I get the perfect coverage when I use this product with a beauty blender.
- Nail Polish: I love matte nails. Unfortunately there isn't always a matte nail color that I like the best so what I like to do is pain my nails with any color that I would like and then use this OPI Matte Top Coat on top of it. This takes whatever color you already have and make it matte which is awesome in my mind since nail polish can be expensive, you can choose to wear the polish with the normal finish it has or put this matte one on top. It retails for $10 at Ulta and most other drug stores like Target or CVS or anywhere that sells OPI products.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know what your favorite matte products are!