We've all experimented with make up (some more than others) and figured out what works and what doesn't. I'm going to share some tips and tricks of things to do to avoid some rookie mistakes in the beauty world.
- Liquid before powder. Once you've done your foundation and concealer, then set your face with powder. If you use powder then liquid on top of it, that is when you're face will look cakey.
- Blend. Blending is your best friend in makeup. After you put on bronzer, eye shadow or anything else, blend it out. No one likes harsh lines that makes you look sculpted in a not so good way.
- Make sure your foundation matches. Don't just guess your foundation color, that's what the people at Ulta and Sephora are paid to do, help you find your color match. No one likes when your face is a different color than your body.
- Don't forget your neck. Make sure to bring down your foundation to your neck so it blends out and doesn't make it look like you're wearing a mask on your face.
- Use a primer. Priming your face will create a smooth flawless canvas for your foundation and help it stay on longer.
- Use a light concealer. Your concealer should be a shade lighter than your foundation in order to brighten and cover the areas you need (under eye, blemishes) without making the area seem dark or dull.
- Prep your lips. Make sure you exfoliate and prime your lips so that when you apply lipstick it doesn't look dry or gross on the lips (this has happened to us all).
- Don't exfoliate daily. It's good to exfoliate 1-2 times a week but if you do it too often, you will begin to overproduce oils and that's just counter-productive.
- Do your makeup in good lighting. When you do your makeup in a dimly lit room it's easy to make your bronzer too dark or use the wrong shades and then when you step into the light it does not look the way you thought it would. So do your makeup near a window or somewhere you have good natural lighting.
I hope you guys learned something, some of these I learned the hard way.
P.S. Sorry I haven't been posting as much, I have finals this week so I've been at the library studying! I'll be back with more content later this week!