My Favorite Highlighters
I am obsessed with highlighters. They bring so much light and dimension to your face. You can apply it on your cheek bones, cupids bow, in the corner of your eyes, under your eyebrows, on your collar bones, on the bridge of your nose and so many other places so that those areas catch the light and make you look like a glowing goddess. Over the years I have tried many highlighters, most of which I really loved. I'm going to tell you guys my top five favorite highlighters, or highlighter palettes so that if you're wanting to pick up a new one, you'll know which ones are good and worth the money. Let's get started!
- Champagne Pop by Becca/ Jaclyn Hill- To start with, if you don't know who Jaclyn Hill is she is a very popular beauty guru on YouTube so if you haven't checked out her videos go do that! Anyways, Jaclyn Hill collaborated with Becca cosmetics to create this gorgeous highlighter. It's a champagne color with a gorgeous sheen and finish. This color is available in a liquid highlighter, cream highlighter and the powder highlighter which is what I have. If you don't own a highlighter already then this is a great first highlighter to own. The best part is this shade is now a permanent part of the Becca highlighter collection so you will be able to repurchase it as long as you would like.
- Cover Fx Custom Enhancer Drops- Get ready to be amazed. When I first heard about these new liquid highlighter drops on Youtube I knew I needed to go into Sephora to swatch them myself and get my hands on one of them since at the time they were sold out online. These drops come in 3 highlighter shades and 2 bronzing shades. I chose to pick up the shade 'Celestial' which is the lightest of the 3 highlighting shades which really flatters my skin tone. It's a beautiful diamond color and will allow for your highlighter to be seen from space. I'm serious you will never see such an intense highlighter. You can use these drops mixed in with your foundation, on top of your powder as a cheek highlighter, as an eyeshadow, and as a highlighter anywhere else you would like to glow. This product does retail for $42 but is worth it in my opinion because with this product a little bit goes such a long way.
- Glow Kit Palettes by Anastasia Beverly Hills- Hello gorgeous. This pallet fulfills all my highlighter dreams for $40 which is $10 a highlight. There are three different glow kit palettes which come with four highlighting shades in each palette. For the quality of these highlights and from such a high end brand I would say that this is well worth the money. You can create a variety of looks by combining the four highlights that come in this pallet in different ways. I chose to purchase 'That Glow' because I thought that the shades in that palette suited me best. The shades in the palette are creamy, beautiful highlighters and I would definitely recommend this palette if you are in the market for a variety of new highlighters.
- Bobbi Brown Bronze Glow- This product is definitely on the expensive side and not necessarily one I would use everyday but because I love the quality and the look it gives me when I wear it, I had to include it in my top 5 favorite highlighters. This bronzing highlighter gives off a beautiful pigmented gold sheen and comes in the typical gorgeous black sleek packaging from Bobbi Brown. I think that this product looks best if you have a nice sun kissed tan and want to look like a bronzed goddess. For $46 this product is a bit pricey but if you have the money to splurge on a product like this then I would go swatch it and see how you like it. Also because it's such an amazing gold color it can be used as an eyeshadow as well which is always a bonus.
- Hourglass Ambient Light Palette- This three highlighter palette retails for $62 which is definitely on the pricier side. I decided I wanted to include this product in my top 5 favorites because I love the subtle highlight that it gives you and makes you look like you are glowing without wearing a highlighter. These three shades are great to use for a variety of ways. It has a lighter shade, a bronze shade and a champagne shade that glide on like silky powder and blend out beautifully.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and learned something about some highlighters that you now want to go out and buy! I'm currently in Brazil having an amazing time but couldn't forget about my blog so I wanted to make sure I got this post up. I hope you guys are having a great summer and don't forget to stop by my blog next week for another post. Also please vote bellow on what you would like my next beauty post to be about. Also happy belated Fourth of July everyone, I hope you had a great time with your friends and family. Love you guys! XOXO