5 Easy Steps To A Healthier Life
Unfortunately, being healthy isn't something that will happen over night. Getting healthy and staying healthy requires a lifestyle change. On my journey to better myself and take better care of my body I have found the following steps really helped make the transition a lot easier. When you're healthy you will not only look better, you will feel better. So these are the steps you can take to move your mind and body in a positive direction:
1. Drink more water. A lot of times we confuse hunger with dehydration. Drinking more water will improve your skin, give you energy and help your body function properly. Remember our body is made up of mostly water, we need it to survive. Instead of ordering a beer or soda when your at a restaurant, order a water. You will save money and help your body.
2. Give up fast food. The occasional fry from McDonald's or In-n-Out trip won't kill you, but overall eliminating fast food from your diet will benefit you and your health journey. Eventually you will not even crave or think about all those late night Taco Bell runs you used to make.
3. Eat more natural foods. If you can't pronounce an ingredient, or have no idea what it is, then chances are it's not good for you. Eating more fruits, veggies, protein, whole grains, and healthy carbohydrates will benefit your health tremendously. Avoid keeping bad foods in your home if you are easily tempted. Also, by cooking your own foods at home you will become more aware of what is going into your meals and can inspire you to find healthier alternatives for fatty, empty calorie foods!
4. Don't binge eat. We've all been there where we grab a bag of chips and watch a show and before we know it the bag is gone. Pour snacks into a bowl to prevent this. Don't deprive yourself of the occasional treat, just remember to do everything in moderation. Have that slice of pizza, just not the entire thing. Also one bad meal does not equal a bad day. Just because you ate a slice of cake at lunch after a burger and fries, doesn't mean that you should keep eating bad foods the rest of the day.
5. Be active. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Do yoga. Go for a run. Walk your dog in the park. Ride your bike instead of driving. Anything to get your heart beating faster is good for you! The fresh air can't hurt either.