10 Ways To Use Coconut Oil
If any of you have ever had coconut oil, you know it's amazing. It smells good, and can work wonders for you and your body in more ways then you know. Recently, I've ventured out and used coconut oil for some different things and loved the results, so now I'll share my secrets:
- Teeth whitening- Coconut oil, used for oil pulling of the teeth really works. I personally couldn't just swish around plain coconut oil so I decided to try Coco White. They come in 3 flavors, mint, vanilla and lemon. You can buy them in single flavors or a variety pack. My favorite flavor is the mint one! You just swish it around for 15 minutes and I saw instant results, after two weeks even more. Plus side is there are no chemicals and it actually helps remove plaque from your teeth.
- Make up remover- Coconut oil is a great natural make up remover and makes taking eye make up off super easy!
- Hair treatment- Put in hair for 30 minutes as a deep conditioner, my sister loves to do this frequently!
- Cooking- Substitute your olive oil for coconut oil while cooking as a healthy alternative.
- Face scrub- Mix with oatmeal for a great moisturizing face mask (leave on for 10-15 minutes then wash off)
- On dry or healing skin- If you have dry skin or just like an easy way to stay moisturized, use coconut oil!
- In your coffee- Use a teaspoon (or more) in your coffee as a natural sweetener/ coffee creamer.
- Tanning oil- Rub it all over your body and go get tan. Don't forget to use sunscreen to prevent aging and cancer!
- For your dog- If your dog has dandruff, eczema or other skin problems, apply some to the area and it will help improve it.
- For more energy- People swear by this. Take a tablespoon of this in the morning to help increase your energy during the day!
If you decide to buy some coconut oil, buy in bulk! Costco has a huge tub of it and it can also be found in almost any grocery or drug store. Another good thing to know is that coconut oil is a solid at room temperature but will be warmed and melt when you have it in your hands or mouth due to your body heat. Best kind to get is unprocessed and virgin coconut oil.