How To Appear More Put Together
Ever woken up late but had somewhere really important to be and now your time to get ready is cut in half? Personally I'm not one of those people who snoozes my alarm a million times (it's actually proven that you are more tired when you do this because you fall back asleep for small amounts of time which tricks your brain, so it's better to not do this). I'm one of those people who plans everything ahead, always giving myself plenty of time to get ready and get to where I need to be. For those of you who know me you'll know that I'm never late. Class, dinner, work or anything else, I am always there at least 15 minutes early (I can thank my anxiety for that). Of course I've had the occasional times where my alarm didn't go off or something went wrong, but that is very rare. For those of you who are not as stressed as me about time, you probably find yourself not always being as put together as you would like to be due to your untimeliness. Don't get me wrong, I have still shown up to class looking like a train wreck, but that was a choice of laziness and not a time issue. Anyways, I'm going to give you guys some tips for how to appear more put together so whether you're late for class, or going to an important meeting, following these steps can help you appear like you had all the time in the world even if you didn't.
- First things first, try to make sure you are set on at least two of the following three categories: hair, makeup and outfit. As long as you're rocking two of those categories you will present the illusion of being more put together then you really are. Don't believe me? Think about it, if you have great hair and a great outfit, no one's going to notice your lack of make up. Or if you have your hair up in a bun but still have killer make up and an awesome outfit, you will look way more put together then you really are.
- To follow up with that, no one ever looked put together with gross oily hair. Throw some dry shampoo in and you will instantly look better. It takes seconds and gives your hair more volume and get's rid of that gross oily appearance. My favorite is the Batiste Dry Shampoo. I love this brand because they come in different colors so unlike most dry shampoos, you won't have white in your hair. So whether you are blonde, brunette, a red head or just want plain dry shampoo, Batiste has an awesome selection both scented and non-scented. You can get Batiste at Target, Ulta, Urban Outfitters and many other retailers.
- My next tip for you all is to make sure your bra/ bra straps are not showing. It really does not look good when you can see someone's bra hanging out of their shirt. Another tip is to make sure the color bra you are wearing matches your shirt (for example, don't wear a red bra under a white shirt). Generally a nude or black bra is your best bet and will go with most of your wardrobe so invest in bras in those colors and also make sure you have a strapless option because nothing is worse then seeing someone wear a strapless shirt and wearing a bra with straps.
- Another quick trick is to put on some lipstick, but make sure it's not done sloppily. Lipstick gives the illusion that you took time to put your look together and can draw attention away from your messy hair or lack of other make up. Just make sure it matches your outfit and doesn't clash. Nothing is worse then seeing someone wear bright pink lipstick with a bright purple shirt.
- If you're going somewhere important, wear clean shoes. Having a great outfit and then shoes covered in mud can really ruin all the other tricks you were using to look more put together. Keep a pair of shoes that are always in good condition for these occasions or better yet have one pair of shoes that you don't mind getting dirty and try to keep the rest of your shoes clean.
- This next tip is so important. You can look like a beauty queen but if you smell like shit, you give off the impression that you don't care about personal hygiene. This goes for your breath and body. So wear deodorant, wear some good perfume (but not too much), brush your teeth and pop a mint. No one likes that person who smells or has the worst breath ever.
- My last tip is super easy and can really boost how put together you look and that tip is to add accessories. Even adding just a nice watch or necklace, it makes you look like you took the time to put together an outfit and even pair some accessories with it.
I hope that you guys found some of these tips helpful and feel like you can make use of them! I hope you guys are having an amazing day and these next few weeks I'm super busy with finals but I promise to get at least one post up a week!