Last Minute Spring Break Plans That Won't Break Your Bank
Spring break in college is a big deal. You hear about everyone's crazy stories and all the different locations that your friends went to. Miami, Cabo, Rocky Point, Lake Havasu, Mission Beach, Puerto Vallarta are just a few of the hot places everyone wants to go to for spring break. So what if you didn't make plans months in advance, but still want to do something besides sit at home. Well you could still go to Mexico or Florida, but you will probably spend way more than you can afford or want to. So I'm going to give you guys some ways to plan for a last minute spring break trip that won't break your bank.
- Go on a road trip. Get some friends together and head off to a nearby city or state and explore! You can go shopping, go on hikes, explore the night life and bar scene.
- Don't stay at a hotel, use AirBnB. This site has locations from all over the world. You can search for places to stay at the location of your choosing. The places are people's homes that they aren't usually in. It's great because you can see reviews on how much previous people have enjoyed staying there and what it was like. It's way cheaper than a hotel and a lot more convenient because the location can be wherever you want it to. Plus you get the bonus of having a kitchen, garage to park in, etc. With a hotel you might only be able to afford staying there for a night or two, but with AirBnB you'll be able to afford to stay for longer.
- Go home with a friend that lives in another state. It gives you a chance to see and do something new, which always beats staying home and doing nothing. Check to see if there are concerts or any other activities you can go to while your there.
- Check for last minute deals on flights and cruises. You'd be surprised by what you can find.
- Spend time volunteering or working. It might not be as fun as downing shots on the beach with your friends but it will give you some extra cash and boost your resume.
- Visit your friends that go to another college. My spring break is a different week from my friends in Arizona so I'm heading down there to have a good time and visit everyone.
- Go to the beach. Nothing says spring break like hanging out by the water, sitting in the sun, and sipping on a cold drink. You don't have to go to another country to do this, and with the right people it can be just as much fun. If you're at a location with parasailing, jet skis or tubing then check that out!
- Go camping. If you love nature, and enjoy the outdoors then pack up and pick a location. If you don't want to be in a tent then use AirBnB to get the outdoor experience without sleeping in a sleeping bag. This way you can still explore, make smores and be in nature but with a running shower and kitchen. Go kyaking, white water rafting, horse back riding, atv riding, biking, hiking and whatever other outdoor activities you and your friends enjoy.
I hope you guys at least got an idea for something you could do for spring break!