Beauty Products Worth The Hype
Have you ever been in Sephora or Ulta and thought to yourself, "everyone talks about having this product, but I'm not sure if it's worth the money or works good"? If so then you're in the right place. As someone who loves everything make up and beauty related, I've tried products that I love and products that I absolutely hated. I love buying my make up from Sephora because if there is any damage or you just don't like it you can return it. I really love how great of a return policy they have, especially because some of these products are not cheap.
I'm going to do a mini review on the following products and let you know why they are worth it. Many of these products are definitely worth the hype because there aren't cheaper alternatives that give the same results or have the same quality as these.
- The Beauty Blender: I love this little sponge. It retails for $20 and is honest to God my favorite tool for my face. You might think $20 for a sponge no way! But really I promise once you use it you'll thank me. No matter what you are trying to do whether it's apply foundation or concealer, using a damp beauty blender will apply a flawless finish to your product. It doesn't water down the product or absorb it either which is really nice. I use this almost every time I apply my foundation. I've probably repurchased this product around six or seven times. Definitely worth the hype. I've tried other sponges but they aren't as soft or as good as the Beauty Blender in my opinion.
- Kat Von D Shade and Light Eye Contour Palette: This palette retails for $46 and is honestly just amazing. For someone who loves matte shades that are pigmented, creamy and blends amazingly, you want this palette. The variety of shades in this palette are perfect for any skin tone and for the price you're getting 12 different shades which is a great deal if you ask me. The packaging is great and is easy for travel, this palette is definitely in my top 5 for favorite palettes and is also worth the hype. Kat Von D generally makes really good quality cosmetics so if you want to try something new from her you really can't go wrong.
- Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment: As many of you know I'm a huge fan of the Glam Glow face masks. I really like the Gravitymud Firming Treamtment, but I especially love this one. There's a reason that people rave about this product and it's because it really works. There's also something oddly satisfying about seeing the oil getting pulled from your pores. It works like a magnet and draws out all the dirt and oils from your pores and you can literally see it happening which is really cool that you can actually see the product working. This product retails for $69 which is the same for all the other Glam Glow masks. The great thing about Sephora is you can go in and ask for a sample to see if you like it before you commit to a purchase of $69 for a product you might be unsure of. I've repurchased this product three times now and continue to love it!
- Make Up Forever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation: There is a reason that this product is one of the Allure Best of Beauty product and it's because this is a pretty awesome foundation. It retails for $43 and has a variety of shades an undertones to pick from. I also really enjoy the stick version of this which I will link HERE. This product is perfect for all types of skin whether you have combination, oily or dry skin. It creates the perfect coverage and really just applies flawlessly. Pair this with a Beauty Blender and you're ready to go.
- Benefit Matte Holola Bronzer: This product retails for $29. I've been using this bronzer for years now and it's definitely one of my favorite bronzers. For someone who is fairly pale, this is a bronzer I have found that works amazing with my skin tone, while on the other hand my mom who has darker skin can still use this product as well. It doesn't have any shimmer or sparkle and doesn't appear muddy on the skin. It's compact making it perfect for travel, unlike many of my other contour palettes. It is really easy to blend and is very creamy especially for a powder bronzer. This product has been out for years and if they ever said they were going to discontinue it I would buy 40 of them. That's how you know it's worth the hype.
- St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Mousse: I'm actually obsessed with this stuff. You can get it in the light or dark shade (I prefer the dark). Don't freak out when you first put it on, you might look a little green. They put olive undertones in it instead of many brands who put orange. This color will come off when you wash it off after (the longer you wait the darker your tan will be). I'm a huge fan of self tanning and tanning mousse is a foolproof way to avoid tan lines, save money and avoid skin cancer. It retails for $44 and you will need to buy a tanning mitt to apply the mousse. It's super easy to blend and do on your own and it lasts about a week. Don't forget to exfoliate and shave before applying!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Products: You always here everyone now a days talking about people brows being "on fleek" (ugh I hate that word). And from YouTubers and magazines we hear about ABH being THE brand for having your brows be on point. So I caved, I strayed from my long term relationship with my brow routine and decided to test some of the products out. They were right, they're amazing. Theses three products are all great and can be used to fill in brows that are really thin and need sculpting and shaping or brows that just need a little extra emphasis. Popular items from ABH are the Brow Definer which is $23 (previously called the brow wiz), Dip Brow ($18), and the Tinted Brow Gel ($22). I love them all! If you need a lot of filling in I would suggest the Dip Brow. If you have decent shape and just need some filling in of sparse places and want some extra shape go for the Brow Definer. And if your eyebrows are already pretty awesome on their own and you just want to hold the shape and add some definition, go for the Tinted Brow Gel. They all come in different shades and I suggest going into the store to find the correct color unless you already know! I swear by all these products and they are definitely worth the hype. All hail ABH, queen of brows.
I hope that you guys enjoyed this post and found it informative! I know we don't all want to test products out and like knowing that a product is worth it before purchasing it! Let me know if there are any products you want to know more about or want to share products that you love by contacting me or in the comments below.