Hey guys so since transitioning to a vegetarian, this last week I picked up groceries to try to start making what I eat completely vegan. I'm going to share with you guys what I ate for the past week that is completely vegan and also where I get my groceries! If you guys have some yummy vegan recipes then please share them, I love to hear from you guys. I really want to start exercising more and maybe be able to do more than one push up so I'm going to start taking my lazy butt to the gym more! I want to say I'm no nutritionist and in no way am trying to tell you if you're vegan eat this, it's just what I eat! Anyways, here is what I ate for my first week of being completely vegan.
Friday: April 1
- Breakfast: Hash browns, whole wheat toast and raspberry preserve jam, a cup of orange juice and a bowl of fruit.
- Lunch: Cuties (oranges), Gardein whole grain 'chicken' strips, carrots and vegan ranch.
- Snack: Skinny pop popcorn.
- Dinner: Brown rice and quinoa blend, spinach salad with carrots and vinaigrette.
- Desert: Spoon of peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough (since its vegan it's safe to eat raw or cooked).
Saturday: April 2
- Breakfast: Smoothie with orange juice, spinach, apple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries. And apples with whipped peanut butter.
- Snack: Snap pea crisps (lightly salted), 2 cuties.
- Lunch: Carrots and vegan ranch. Bagel with vegan onion and chive cream cheese (found at Winco, it's made with coconut and it's so good). 2 cuties.
- Dinner: Sweet potato fries and Gardein tender strips.
Sunday: April 3
- Breakfast: Smoothie with orange juice, spinach, apple, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries. 2 cuties.
- Snack: Skinny pop popcorn, spoon of whipped peanut butter.
- Lunch: Bowl of fruit, apple, bagel and vegan cream cheese.
- Dinner: Brocoli, brown rice and quinoa, spinach, extra firm tofu.
Monday: April 4
- Breakfast: 3 cuties, carrots and vegan ranch (I had class so just grabbed something fast).
- Lunch: (I had breakfast foods) Oatmeal, 2 cuties, peanut butter and orange juice.
- Dinner: Gardein tenders, asparagus, spinach, brown rice with quinoa.
Tuesday: April 5
- Breakfast: Strawberries, 2 cuties, and oatmeal.
- Lunch: Apple and cuties (I was in class all day).
- Snack: Skinny Pop popcorn
- Dinner: Potatoes, Tofu, Broccoli
- Desert: Spoon of peanut butter chocolate cookie dough
Wednesday: April 6
- Breakfast: 3 cuties, cinnamon life cereal with soy milk
- Snack: Apple with peanut butter.
- Lunch: Smoothie with orange juice, spinach, strawberries, raspberries
- Dinner: Gluten free whole wheat pasta with roasted garlic tomato sauce, tofu and asparagus.
Thursday: April 7
- Breakfast: Vegan pancakes (uses soy milk as well as vegan pancake batter), berries, peanut butter. Glass of orange juice.
- Lunch: Asparagus, Gardein tenders, spinach, strawberries.
- Mid-day snack: Chips, salsa, margaritas.
- Dinner: Bagel with vegan cream cheese, apple.
Friday: April 8
- Breakfast: Cinnamon Life cereal with soymilk. SO vegan mango yogurt.
- Lunch: Fruits, spinach salad, broccoli.
- Dinner: Vegan pizza and salad.
- Desert: SO peanutbutter chocolate ice cream.
I know that these are really basic meals but as a college student some times I'm lazy with cooking, it's still a lot better then what I used to eat which is important to me. And it's all vegan. There are generally replacements for all your favorite non-vegan meals that are vegan. Let me know if you guys have some cool replacement ideas!
Hope you guys had a great weekend.